All about the bag
Made of the following material
BORGANB believes that protection of our environment is essential to ensure a sustainable future. That is why all of our products are free from plastic. As part of our procurement process, we work with a number of EU suppliers who also emphasise sustainability and fair labour practices when it comes to manufacturing.
We collaborated with Global Green, Netherlands and Nova Kaeru, Brazil, Deepmello Leather, Germany, Betangible, Spain, Gütermann and Freudenberg in Germany, Lampo/ Lanfranci, Italy, House of U, Netherlands and Fapack, Germany, for the packaging of our products. BORGANB is committed to use eco-friendly packaging for our products.
Please find below further details regarding the manufacturing process of our products and where exactly they occur.
- Betangible Leather Goods, Spain, performed the second prototyping and manufacture of the leather bags.
- Nova Kaeru's sales partner in Europe is the Dutch company Global Green Solutions, who provided valuable assistance and information
- Deepmello-leather, Germany, has developed a method to use rhubarb for tanning traced cattle skin and use vegetable dyes for colouring of the leather. Rhubarb leather is manufactured by them.
- Bio fish leather by Nova Kaeru, Brazil, (www.novakaeru.com) imported by Global Green solutions, Netherlands (www.globalgreen.solutions)
- Rhubarb leather is manufactured by Deepmello-leather, Germany (www.deepmello.com).
- Lining: 100% printed TENCEL drill by HouseofU, Netherlands (www.houseofU.com)
- Zippers: 100% organic cotton and brass by Lanfranci, Italy, 100% organic cotton and brass by Lanfranci;
- Yarn: 100% silk by Gütermann, Germany
- Interlining: 50% Soya, 50% cotton by Freudenberg, Germany
- Filling for handles: 100% recycled cotton provided by Betangible, Spain (www.betangible.com)
- metal rings provided by Betangible, Spain.
Eco by-product rhubarb and vegetable bags
Leather tanned by rhubarb biopolymers and our vegetable leather are extremely high-quality materials that is only sealed using high-grade natural fats and waxes. By eliminating a chemical coating consisting of polluting color pigments and plastic compounds, the leather preserves its natural characteristics. Consequently, the eco-leather remains breathable and skin contact is harmless. Furthermore, the leather is 100% biodegradable during its life cycle. However, scratches and marks tend to indicate the fabric's quality. Typically, the more visible the natural skin structure is, the less the leather has been industrially processed. However, all these benefits for the customer and the environment must also consider some important factors:
There is a sensitivity to humidity and heat associated with vegetable-tanned leathers. Heavy rainfall can cause marks and color changes.
Therefore, we recommend applying a neutral waterproofing spray before wearing. Nonetheless, do not overdose, as this can block the leather pores and decrease the leather's ability to breathe.
When wet, the product should not be used or worn. Furthermore, the product should not be placed in direct sunlight or on a radiator if it becomes wet.
If there are any undesirable stains, these should be removed with a light soapy solution and the leather should be greased with a leather care product for natural leather or vegetable oil.
A color-matching leather polish can often be used on small scratches. Keep in mind that vegetable-tanned leather is a natural material that must be treated appropriately. If not, it will negatively affect the look and feel of the leather.
Eco by-product fish leather and rhubarb leather bags
How to take care of fish leather skin bags in basic terms
- Please do not spill liquids on the fish leather bag, including alcohol, oil, water, and chemical solvents
- Do not use glue or other sticky material on fish leather, as the marks will remain on the skin for a lifetime.
- Please do not store fish leather bags in plastic bags. Fish leather skin should "breathe", which keeps it soft and supple.
- If you do not plan to use your fish leather bag for an extended period, we suggest that you fill it with paper to preserve the form.
- If you do not intend to use your fish leather bag, store it in special bags in order to keep it protected from heat and dust.
- It is not recommended to expose fish leather to prolonged direct sunlight, as it can become dried out and lose its color.
- The fish leather bag should be kept away from radiators and other sources of heat.
- It is advisable not to use fish leather bags in the rain, as they can become damaged.
- Overfilling the fish leather bag may negatively impact its shape. Additionally, it may damage closures and shoulder straps.
- Please do not use common leather creams or other cleaners on fish leather products. This may cause the leather to darken.
- Once a week, wipe your fish leather bag or clutch with a dry clean cotton cloth or soft brush.
The proper procedure to follow if your fish leather bag becomes wet or soiled
- Let the fish leather skin dry naturally if it becomes wet. Do not use a household appliance (for example, a hairdryer) for drying. In the event that the bag becomes wet, fish leather may become slightly darker, but its natural pattern remains intact. The fish leather bag should be placed in a dry place, away from heat sources.
- To clean a genuine fish leather bag that has become dirty, use a soft, damp cloth.
- Accordingly, if you follow these simple tips, your fish leather bag or other fish leather product will look as good as the day you purchased it.
Please contact us if your bag is damaged. We will then assess the problem with our manufacturer for repair options.
“Second hand” bags
We hope that our timeless bags will stay with you for a lifetime. But in the rare event that you might not like it anymore, we are happy to offer it on our website as a “second-hand” BORGANB bag in order to enable the bag to get a second owner, be appreciated again, and extend its life. Please contact us for assistance.